By using our site without disabling cookies, you consent to our use of them.
Chicken Udon with Sake Kasu Broth
Andrea Carlson | Burdock & Co
Andrea Carlson chef and owner of Mount Pleasant’s much-loved Burdock & Co presents and most comforting Chicken Udon enhanced with a sake kasu broth. Prepare and enjoy classic udon flavours with a unique twist and the pleasant surprise of floral aromatics derived from our BC whole grain sake kasu.
- 1 litre dashi (made with kombu and katsobushi or make from instant)
- 2 chicken thighs, skin and bone removed, diced into 1" pieces
- 85 ml tamari
- 85 ml mirin
- 1 clove garlic, rasped
- 2" ginger rasped
- 70 gr Artisan SakeMaker sake kasu
- 4 large shiitake mushroom, sliced,
- 1/2 pack medium tofu, diced
- 2 pack udon noodles
- Watercress to garnish
- Optional garnishes: chili threads, nori sheets
Make dashi and bring to simmer.
Add garlic and ginger, mirin and tamari.
Add chicken to broth and simmer for 3-5 minutes until fully cooked.
Add sake kasu and whisk to blend thoroughly.
Add mushroom, tofu and udon noodles.
Bring back to a simmer and divide between 2 bowls.
Garnish with watercress. Nori and chili threads if desired.